Dwarves of Mael'Ram
The Dwarves of Mael’Ram are similar to their brethen of Golarion, except as below.
The Dwarves of Mael’Ram do not have mountain citadels, as there are few Maels with anything resembling a mountain. However, the Dwarves have learned how to carve elaborate within Maels, and to call to the stone of a Mael and cause it to literally extrude structures.
As in Golarion, Dwarves also have become masters of weapon and armor crafting. They are the child race of Ilurrion and believe that strength and conflict is the only way to maximize their races’ potential. They do, however, serve the other races of Mael’Ram in building, to acquire resources.
Alignment: Diverse, but largely Lawful. Dwarves desire strength, battle, and glory, but do not specifically crave chaos or destruction.
Dwarf Racial TraitsIdentical to Golarion, but reproduced here for convenience.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Dwarves are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff. Medium: Dwarves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. See Vision and Light.
- Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Greed: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Hatred: Dwarves receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
- Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
- Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.