Elves of Mael'Ram
The Elves of Mael’Ram are both physically and magically similar to their brethren from Golarion
Elves of Mael’Ram are the children of Risand.
Physically: The SRD states, “Elves who dwell in a region for long find themselves physically adapting to match their surroundings, most noticeably taking on coloration reflecting the local environment.” Because Mael’Ram’s environments are as diverse as the stars, the coloration of elves is highly variable.
Even some drow, or Dark Elves, reside amongst portions of the Maels. However, they have been protected by Risand from the taint of Thragha and are not inherently evil. They also play almost identically to normal elves. (See Below)
Society/Adventurers: As in Golarion, except that Elves often can be found collaborating with Gnomes, and acting as power source and helmsman for many ships. Elves also enjoy positions of aristocracy, government and bureaucracy, especially in Elspire. Many elves serve as pages and lieutenants of the Sartori. Elves are extremely fond of music, being the children of Enessa, and are often Bards.
Relations: Elves in Mael’Ram can not procreate with Humans.
Elf Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution: Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail.
- Medium: Elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. See Vision and Light.
- Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
Drow Racial TraitsAs elves, except:
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Constitution: Drow prefer inherent truth to intellectual theory.
- Darkvision: Drow have Darkvision in lieu of low light vision.
- Elven Magic: Drow receive no bonus to caster level or identification checks.