Gnomes of Mael'Ram
Gnomes of Mael’Ram differ in a lot of ways from their brethren in Golarion.
Legend says that Cer’chae felt that the creations of her beloved lacked enough excitement, mirth, and color. Ceraton mused that he could adjust the construction of the Maels to suit her wishes. Cer’chae bet Ceraton that he could not craft beings of creativity and joy to Mael’Ram. The Gnomes are the result. They respect the creations of their “father”, but are more in tune with their “mother”.
The Gnomes have found a kind of balance between the two extremes of order and mirth… technology. All technology within Mael’Ram has had the touch of a Gnome, sooner or later.
Gnomes are widely regarded by the other races as alien and strange.
Physical Description: As in Golarion.
Society: Integrated with Human Society, but extremely fond of shipbuilding, science, and random exploration. They are not subject to the Bleaching, as in Golarion, but still have a natural sense of wanderlust that they get from Cer’chae.
Gnome Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, –2 Strength: Gnomes are physically weak, but very bright, and sturdy.
- Loquacious: Gnomes will not, even remotely, shut the fuck up. As such, they do not get a racial Charisma bonus as in standard Pathfinder.
- Small: Gnomes are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. See Vision and Light.
- Illusion Resistance: Gnomes get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells or effects.
- Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
- Tinkerer: Gnomes with an Intelligence above 12 may cast any of the following as a spell-like ability: Acid Splash, Create Water, Erase, Flare, Grease, Mending. They may use this ability a number of times per day equal to their Intelligence modifier.